INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
LOCATION OF THE PROJECT
Bishop's Palace in Györ, Hungary
Püspökvár-Toronykilátó, Győr, Káptalandomb 1, 9021 Hungary
1.9. - 9.9.2023
This year, the owner of the building is a church. Compared to previous practices, this year's term and scope of parquetry work is different. Specifically: the first working day is already Friday 1/9/2023. Sunday is a day off (no work), but there will be time to explore the city. The last working day is Saturday morning.
Each individual participant must produce 6-7 pieces of parquet replicas from A to Z. Work is planned on FESTOOL machines (circular, milling, saw). After that, everyone installs their parquet in the designated place by traditional hammering with nails. Together in groups, we will manually scrape the floor using a scraper and a plane. Surface treatment will be wax. We will also scrape the parquet floors in the adjacent room, which are now poorly sanded and varnished. Emphasis is placed on the traditional way of working. The result should correspond to the original historical model of the parquet.
No independent free individual movement around the palace will be possible. Attendance at the workplace is required from the first day of September 1. from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., joint departure and lunch outside the facility 12:00-1:30 p.m., joint return and continuation of work at the workplace from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. There will be seminars from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. At the end of the working day, we all leave the workplace together again and it is time for free fun and time. (PS: WC is within reach of the workplace)
RULES IN THE PALACE
Extra caution and security will be required in the palace due to historical and religious objects and equipment. The work takes place directly in the historical chambers of the Bishop's Palace. Smoking and eating, including drinking coffee or water, is prohibited in the building. As well as using foul language and swearing.
THE ROAD TO GYÖR
Airport Vienna, Austria → Györ, Hungary
- The train runs roughly every two hours, Bahnhof Flughafen Wien, Austria → Györ, Hungary, the trip takes 2 hours 3 minutes
- By car, 106 kilometers, duration 1 hour 9 minutes - Tolls are paid on the way !!
Airport Bratislava, Slovakia → Györ, Hungary
- By train, Letisko Bratislava, Slovakia → Györ, Hungary, the trip takes 2 hours 51 minute
- By car, 96,8 kilometers, duration 1 hour 9 minutes - Tolls are paid on the way !!
Airport Budapest (Budapest Liszt Ferenc Repülőtér), Hungary → Györ, Hungary
- By train, the train runs approximately every 40 minutes, Liszt Ferenc Airport 2 → Györ, Hungary, the trip takes 2 hours 20 minutes
- By car, 155 kilometers, duration 1 hour 46 minutes - Tolls are paid on the way !!